l Personal Questions1
1. Tell me a little about yourself.
2. What are your strengths? / What are your weaknesses?
4. What are your short term goals? / What are your long term goals?
6. What do you want to be doing five years from now?
l The position
7. What aspects of this job interest you the most?
9. How long do you plan on staying with this company?
6. What did you hear about us? / What do you know about our product?
12. Do you see that stapler? Convince me to buy it.
3. Why should I hire you?
7. How would your best friend describe you? / How would your professor describe you? / How would your mother describe you?
7. If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be…
8. What does success mean to you? / What does failure mean to you?
10. Are you an organized person? / In what ways are you organized and disorganized?
12. Do you manage your time well?
13. How do you handle change?
14. How do you make important decisions?
15. Do you work well under pressure?
14. If you could learn something such as a new skill, what would it be?
l Personal Questions2
1. Are you better at anticipating or reacting to problems?
2. Are you a risk taker or do you like to stay away from risks?
4. Tell me about Q’s… / tell me about a time you made a mistake.
5. Tell me about a time you made a good decision. / Tell me about a time you made a poor decision.
9. Tell me about a time you failed to complete an assignment on time.
11. Tell me about a time you aimed too high. / Tell me about a time you aimed too low.
9. What types of people do you have trouble getting along with?
l College Life
2. Why did you choose the major?
4. What course did you like the most? / What course did you like the least?
1. What extracurricular activities were you involved in?
3. If you redo college again, what would you major in?
6. How will your performance in your worst class affect your performance…
11. During college, how did you spend your summer vacations?
l Work Experience
12. What did you learn from your internship?
4. Tell me about your last position?
10. What were the most memorable accomplishments in your last position?
2. During your performance reviews, what criticism do you hear the most?
5. What is your management philosophy?
7. Tell me about the best manager you ever had. / Tell me about the worst manager you ever had.
9. What could you have done to improve your relationship with a manager…
4. What do you expect from your manager?
8. Have you managed people in any of the positions you’ve held?
1. If everyone on the team is a veteran, what will you do to fit in?
2. How do you intend to learn what you need to know to perform well for…
4. If you’re told to do something that you feel is illegal, what would you do?
5. If you were unfairly criticized, what would you do?
8. If you are given work from your manager that is boring and tedious, what…
11. Tell me about a time you had a big disagreement with your boss.
12. What do you do when there is no work to do?
13. What do you do when there are too many things to do?
14. What do you do when you feel burned out?
15. How do you balance both your family and your job?
16. You’ve been with one company your entire career. Don’t you think you will…
17. What have you heard about our company that you didn’t like?
18. Do you want to work for a small or large company and why?
1. What do you do when you’re having difficulty solving a problem?
5. What do you do when you have a problem with a co-worker?
6. How do you handle conflict?
10. Do you like to work by yourself or with others?
2. What do you do to stay in shape?
3. What do you like to do when you’re not in the office?
4. What’s the most recent book you read? / What is the most recent movie you saw?
6. Did you have any trouble finding this place?
7. Will working on weekends be a problem?
8. How do you feel about overtime?
22. Are you considering any other offers right now?
17. Is there anything else you want to add?
23. Asking Questions